It’s tempting to be scared of fat because for years we’ve made fat out to be the villain.
Good Fats are essential to Optimal Living
Here’s why you NEED them as a regular part of your diet:
- they provide a great source of energy
- they’re required for building cell membranes
- they support the endocrine system + fertility
- they help prevent low immunity
- they absorb key vitamins the body needs for optimal health
- they prevent sugar cravings and blood sugar dips
A great health-boosting snack during the day would be properly-sourced protein + fat. (8 Almonds and sugar-free Jerky) The combo supports healthy growth systems in the body and keeps you fuller for longer so you don’t reach for the sugary snacks as often!
Some of my favorite healthy fat options:
- olive oil
- coconut oil
- duck fat
- sunflower, sesame, and pumpkin seeds
- dark chocolate