The Most Important Nutritional Deficiency?
Answer: WATER! I was shocked when I learned this too! Here are 5 things water does + 5 reasons why we need to drink half our body weight in ounces daily: (there are a ton more reasons that I’ll address in another post.)
- Water transports nutrients
- The foods you eat need to be distributed to the appropriate cells, organs + digestive areas in order to be absorbed properly & used how they are intended. If you want to get the most out of nutrients, you need a sufficient amount of water as a carrier.
- Water cushions bones and joints
- Feeling stiff? Achy? Otherwise? Start slow-sipping that water all day long.
- Water removes waste and flushes toxins
- Feeling backed up? Struggling to lose weight? Have allergies? Digestion issues? Grab the water and don’t stop.
- Water prevents tissues from sticking
- Notice yourself getting stiff? If you’re dehydrated, your body can stiffen up like it’s drying out. Stand up and see if you can touch your toes. Can’t do it, flex it up by drinking more H2O!
- Water empowers the body’s natural healing process
- There’s no time like 2020(21) to make sure you’re getting enough water.
(Reminder // coffee, tea, and happy hour do not count they actual set you back. So drink coffee and then drink even more water. Yay!